Powder Highway in British Columbia is on Freeski Dream Bucket List.
In 2016, Salomon asked: What is your Freeski Dream Trip? Canadian Tim Loch answered: Powder Highway. He was lucky enough to be chosen from around 5k entries to fulfill his dream.
His Freeski Dream Trip.
Sounds simple enough: To take a trip along Route 95A, in British Columbia, with Team Salomon riders Mike Douglas, Cody Townsend and Chris Rubens.
The seven ski resorts of the Powder Highway.
Most of these ski resorts are famous for long runs, deep powder and snow pillows.
- Revelstoke. Holds the Canadian record for snowfall, 24m in one season.
- Kicking Horse. Ridges and bowls keep deep snow longer, it is why it’s the champagne powder capital of Canada.
- Panorama. 4,265 feet of vertical descent with wide-open pistes, powder-filled tree runs and steep and deep bowls.
- Kimberley. Perfect powder and more than their fair share of sunny days. Non ski activities make this an all-round Winter playground.
- Fernie. High in British Columbia’s Rockies. A magnet for experienced skiers seeking steep and deep off-piste on the doorstep.
- Whitewater. Accolades for its epic powder snow, both quality and quantity. And for its bowls and glades.
- Red Mountain. Abundant snow, friendly staff and locals, and the short lift lines are just a few reasons why guests love it.
If you don’t want to miss any of my blog posts on the latest ski offers, news and information, make sure you sign up for Ski Alerts. We will not share your data with others and will only send you about two emails a month.