Piste Skiing in Borovets.
From the centre of Borovets at 1,300m, a number of lifts give access to the beginner and kids ski areas in the Sinyakovo Ski Centre which goes up to 1,780m. There are a couple of short blacks too, so take care if you’re new to the slopes and learning your skiing in Borovets.
Also from Borovets rises the Yastrebetz gondola which heads into the Markudjik Ski Centre at 2,369m. Here there are a number of challenging shortish routes linked by drag lifts. From here there is also the ski touring route up to the summit of Mount Musala at 2,925m. For the adventurous, is possible to ski all the way back to Borovets from the top.
Ski back under the gondola and you head into the Yastrebetz Ski Centre, with its long red runs through the trees. The Yastrebetz Express 4-person chair lift serves this area between 1,440m and 2,049m, if you fancy a day cruising those reds.
Piste Information for Borovets.
- Ski Resort Altitude: 1,350m.
- Bottom Ski Area: 1,340m.
- Highest Ski Lift: 2,600m.
- Average Seasonal Snowfall: Around 1m, supplemented to create a 2m base with cannon.
- Kms of piste: 58km, 182 snow cannon (60% coverage of pistes).
- Marked Pistes: 27, 14 green/blue, 9 red, 4 black/ski routes.
- No of Ski Lifts: 14, 2 gondola/cable car, 4 chair-lifts, 8 drag-lifts/conveyors.
- Mountain Restaurants: 7.
- Snow Parks: Yes. Night skiing also available.
- Longest Ski Run: The Musala Pathway. 12km long/ 1,200m elevation.
- Ski Season: December to April.
- Main Advantages: All inclusive great value prices. Short transfer from Sofia.
- Drawbacks: Lower slopes can get crowded. Lift infrastructure needs investment.
Ski Pass Options for Borovets.
Most visitors skiing in Borovets arrive having booked a package deal. The ski pass, and ski equipment, and ski lessons, are often included in the flight/transfer/accommodation package.
Ski passes for skiing in Borovets are available from half a day to 7 consecutive days. A 5% discount is on offer for those booking their ski pass in advance, online.
And as will most ski resorts there are reduced prices for children, students and seniors.
Ski Resorts near Borovets.
As previously mentioned, skiing in Borovets usually involves booking a package deal. Firstly a flight to Sofia or Plodiv followed by a transfer to resort and then at the end of your stay, a transfer straight back to the airport and home.
The two other resorts in Bulgaria that make the list of the best ski resorts in Bulgaria are also in the south of the country. Both are a two to three hour drive away if you fancy hiring a car for the day.